Free CVC Word Activities & Resources
CVC words are one of my favorite phonics skills to teach. Below are 7 amazing cvc word activities and resources that you can grab for FREE!
Each title and picture is linked to the free cvc word resource, so feel free to download them all!
1. FREE CVC Word List by Michelle of Mrs V’s Chickadees (me!)
2. CVC Board Game by Rachael of Literacy for Littles
Looking for a fun way to practice CVC words? This construction themed board game is an engaging way to let beginning readers practice decoding and blending simple CVC words.
3. Pop the Balloon Guided Reading Game: CVC Words by Alisha of Missing Tooth Grins
4. At Word Family Activity by Michelle of Teaching Superkids
5. Lemonade Themed CVC Word Work Center by Ashley of Just Reed
This fun center will help students practice creating and reading CVC words. Lemonade has three ingredients (lemons, sugar, and water) just like a CVC word has three parts–a beginning, middle, and ending sound. Students determine if the words are sweet (REAL) or sour (NONSENSE). You can add Spelly Straws to this center for a fun hands-on twist!